Friday, July 6, 2018

Are you taking risks?

This morning, as I’m sitting in my couch, I have to admit that I’m a little nervous. I guess anxious may be a better way to explain this feeling. In a few hours my wife and I will be signing the papers to close on the land we are purchasing and this is a new venture for us.

This started just a couple of months ago once we decided to stay put in the area we are in. My wife started telling me that she thought it would be a good idea to build a venue where you could have weddings and parties and such. While she was telling me this I could see the excitement in her eyes. She is a very talented woman and I knew by just the way she was telling me this that she had some great ideas. The next day I really started thinking on it and let her know that I also thought it would be a good idea. 

Once the decision was made to move forward with it we said that we should also build a house. My father in law helped us find some land which he bought some too in order to build. We are going to build an event barn and a home on the same acreage that we decided to purchase. At this point it’s very hard for me to see the entire vision of what’s going to happen very soon but I trust my wife’s creativity and ability to see everything set up and I will go along with that. She has the ability to see something before it’s done. She makes stuff for people and it’s amazing to see her mold them into a final masterpiece so I see this as being no different. 

Why am I telling this story?




Well, since we are on the verge of taking a huge leap in our life I want you to know that I am a little afraid. I am afraid of the unknown. I am afraid of what happens if all this doesn’t work out like we want. I am afraid of what happens if something goes wrong. I’m afraid to think of what happens if one of us is not able to work or perform to the top of our abilities. I’m afraid of things that haven’t happened yet and that may not ever happen.

Why is this something that I’m willing to reveal?

Simple! I want you to know that it’s okay to be afraid. It’s okay to have concern or doubt. It’s okay to wonder what the future holds. These are all normal feelings when you take big risks. Make no mistake about it,  I do want this to happen and can somewhat see the vision but when taking a risk of this sort it gets a little scary. One thing is for certain, this I want you to know, and that is the fact that in order to find out what will actually happen you must take risks! If you never take a risk you will never know what you’re capable of or know your potential. Taking a risk is the only real way to see what you’re made of. So whether it’s moving to take a new job or building a new home when you don’t necessarily know what your future holds there will always be a risk taken. 

I want this to happen for my wife and I’m willing to do anything to help her realize this dream. I know this is a big risk but I want her dreams to come true and I want to support her. I haven’t exactly realized my dreams in life since I’m not sure that I’ve really had any real ones but this one that she has I feel will become a reality but it’s a fearful thing nonetheless. 

Remember this if you don’t remember anything I said in this post...

If you want to realize your dreams there must be risks involved! Sometimes it may involve an investment of money or maybe just time but it’s a risk nonetheless. It’s very hard to know your full potential if there are never any risks in life. Will things always work out like you want them to? No, but how will you know if you don’t try at all?

 I’ve played it safe my whole life and now it’s time to risk something in order to gain something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment