Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Why the debate?

As I sit here on my couch watching SportsCenter I am having a debate with myself about going in to work today! Wednesday is typically suppose to be my day off but I rarely take it off so why am I having a problem with not actually wanting to take it off? I actually have stuff I could be doing today that need to be done around the house so why am I having to justify it?

A little back story.... I am pretty dedicated to my job and employer and have rarely missed a day of work and don’t really ask for much and so often times I work my off days and am usually the first one there in the morning. I am an okay salesman I suppose and I am able to provide for my family as a result. Here lately however I have been questioning if I want to continue in this business and also why I can’t seem to find something else that I’d be good doing. I had previously spent 15 total years with a major retailer and 10 of those years as a manager but also got burned out with that. I have been in the car business now for over 8 years and seem to be getting more and more disgruntled with what I’m doing and the effort that I am putting out! Is it because I’m not happy doing this anymore or am I just not happy where I am.

While having this debate with myself, me and my wife have decided to buy land and build a house in order to possibly go into a future business opportunity. We have just signed on the loan application and am awaiting the close. I can’t, in good conscience, leave this job especially since I make good money. As I struggle with these thoughts I find myself growing aggravated and have been a little bit snappy. 

Where am I going with this? I am simply wondering why am I having to debate taking my day off if I want? Have I put my job in front of more important things such as my family? Or have I elevated the fact that money is the most important thing in my life? I sure hope neither of these are true and that I figure this out because it has caused me to be seriously discontent with many things!

I hope this has helped someone else that may be struggling with what job they are currently doing! Though I haven’t quite figured this out yet I sure hope you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment