Thursday, June 9, 2016

Returned from the PROS Banquet

Well, we made it back home late yesterday afternoon and we have just been being lazy today before we both go back to work tomorrow. Needless to say we had a great time and wished it didn't have to end so soon.
When I first got the news that I had made it to the banquet I was a little excited. I mean, I was suppose to go a couple of years ago and didn't go but now I wish I had. I didn't really know what to expect until I finally got there and realized that it was a big deal. I'm not even sure I realized how big this thing was until the last night of the Boots and Bling Banquet and I was able to see the amount of time and money invested by Southeast Toyota to recognize a few elite salespeople. It was quite impressive. I looked at Talitha while we were sitting at dinner that last night and said, "I knew it would be somewhat a big deal but I didn't realize it was going to be this big of a deal". I still feel like that. It takes a lot to impress me but I was impressed. Talitha looked at me after I said that and said to me, "It is a big deal and you should be proud". I don't really get proud about much but when this was going on you just have to sit back and look at the sacrifice you must go through with the amount of hours worked and time away from family, though I'm sure there are many out there that work more hours than I but you get my point. To be recognized for your work is, I think, one of the most underrated ways to build morale that there is. Sometimes people just want to be told thank you and Southeast Toyota did it in a big way and I am so thankful. I wish everyone could experience what I have just experienced. If you work for Southeast Toyota I recommend to work your butt off to try and make it to this level. It is so worth it. Think about it. We stayed at a 5 STAR hotel on the Disney property. Pretty much all the stuff is paid for and they give away a bunch of money at the end. That is something that you almost have to see to believe. Even as i was sitting in this beautiful room the 1st day I didn't know what to expect and now that I'm back I still don't really know how to handle all that went on. The only regret I think I have is we would've kept the room for one more day and I would have met a lot more of the salesmen and ladies there. I am somewhat shy and felt a little out of place the first day but warmed up by the end but I didn't meet and talk to near enough of the people there and that I am sorry for but other than that it was a great time. I can only pray that I am blessed like this again but if I am not I am very thankful that I got to experience. Maybe the next time I go I can be recognized as an Elite Pro and get the jacket. Kind of like the ceremony they give at the Masters when the winner gets a green jacket except theirs are black but it's pretty cool. 
I  want to thank Southeast Toyota one more time along with my home dealership, Bondy's Toyota for this opportunity and now I just have to try harder to make it to the next level!

Thanks for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment